Football fans, I barely know who’s playing tomorrow, but I do know that this Spinach-Artichoke Dip is a Super Bowl of creamy goodness. It’s a lightened version, with fresh baby spinach and peppery arugula, marinated artichoke hearts, Greek yogurt, a dollop of creamy goat cheese, and an herbaceous bunch of parsley, chives and oregano. And it’s all done on the stovetop in a mere 15 minutes, so you won’t miss any plays. Serve warm with lightly toasted bread or pita chips. Happy Game Day!
Creamy Fresh Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- 1 Tbs. sunflower oil (or olive oil)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 200 g./ 7 oz. of fresh baby spinach, washed, dried and chopped coarsely
- handful of fresh arugula, washed, dried & chopped
- 2 small jars (total 340 g./12 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 100 g./3.5 oz. of creamy goat cheese
- 150 g./ 5 oz. of Greek yogurt
- generous handful of fresh parsley & chives, washed & chopped
- small handful of fresh oregano, washed & chopped
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
Directions: Have the shallot, garlic, spinach, arugula, artichoke hearts, and herbs chopped and ready to go, as it cooks up fast. In a large pan, warm the oil and cook the shallot over low heat until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook another minute, stirring. Add the chopped baby spinach and let it wilt down gently, stirring occasionally to help it cook evenly (from here, add the ingredients quickly so the spinach stays fresh and vibrant green). Add the arugula and cook until just softened, then add the chopped artichoke hearts, and goat cheese, and mix to incorporate. Add the Greek yogurt and stir until just heated through and mixed. Turn off the heat and sprinkle in the fresh chopped herbs, mix & taste, and season with salt & pepper (lots of pepper). Serve warm in a warmed bowl with lightly toasted bread or pita chips.