What’s not to love about a refreshing drink that’s bubbly, fruity, deep red and zesty? I love these sparklers for their flavor, but the health benefits give them even more appeal. With watermelon, blackberries, lime and mint, you’re getting antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits that support a healthy cardiovascular and digestive system, plus loads of nutrients, including Vitamins A and C. Just blend and strain the fruit, mint, and lime juice, add a sweetener of choice if you’d like, mix it well with sparkling water, and let the healthy hydrating begin. I think I’ll bring these on over to this week’s Fiesta Friday; it’s sure to be another fun party.
Watermelon, Blackberry & Lime Sparklers
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into chunks, with large seeds removed (you can leave any small white seeds in; they’ll get strained out)
- 1/2 cup blackberries, rinsed
- 4 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbs. honey (to taste) or other sweetener of choice
- 4 limes: 3 for juicing, one for cutting into rounds or wedges for garnish
- 2 cups cold sparkling water
- Use a blender to blend together the watermelon, blackberries, mint, and a little lime juice at a time. When well blended, add the remaining lime juice and taste for sweetness and overall flavor. Add more lime juice and/or sweetener if desired and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer into a pitcher, removing all the seeds. You can use a spoon or spatula to help the mixture strain through. Mix with the sparkling water and pour into glasses with ice. Garnish with lime and/or mint sprigs. Enjoy!